Friday, January 15, 2010

Music is BOOMZ!!!


Hey guys! This my second post of the year!! Specially dedicates to Patricia Tow, my English teacher which is teaching me for EM1202, English for Academic Purposes. So I guess I have to be rather formal in my writing compares with my normal way of writing....lol


" for your information Pat, LOL stands for 'Laugh Out Loud' "


What is music mean to me? Hmm...is pretty hard to describe it, but i will try my best thou. If you look through the human's civilization history, music stands a main role in the development in every aspect. From the royal to the commoner, from sacred functions to celebration events. Life of human beings is strongly bonded with music and the importants is greater then what you can imagine. People used to say that music is a universal language, but I don't think this is the best way to describe music. Languages are something that's invented by humans, music is something gifted from nature or mother earth. Humans didn't invent it, but we enhanced it and owned it. Music is something beyond you can use words to describe and music has a deeper meaning then words.


Let’s see how professionals describe it:-


"How to define music has long been the subject of debate; philosophers, musicians, and, more recently, various social and natural scientists have argued about what constitutes music. The definition has varied through history, in different regions, and within societies. Definitions vary as music, like art, is a subjectively perceived phenomenon. Its definition has been tackled by philosophers of art, lexicographers, composers, music critics, musicians, semioticians or seismologists, linguists, sociologists, and neurologists. Music may be defined according to various criteria including organization, pleasantness, intent, social construction, perceptual processes and engagement, universal aspects or family resemblances, and through contrast or negative definition.


Well, for what is music mean to me, music is BOOMZ!!





If you only can describe the music with a word, it makes no mercies to music. But if it does, the word will be BOOMZ! Forget about searching the dictionary or Google it for the meaning of "BOOMZ", it's something new and less then one year old. Is'nit too sad to say music is my life? My life is more then music, I have friends and family, foods, travels, and many cool stuffs. This doesn't mean music is less important for me, music is a part of myself, an essential for me. 


Why "BOOMZ"?? 


"BOOMZ" doesn't have a ultimate meaning, you can think of it refers to cool, very, dramatic, awesome, or maybe trendy?? It depends on how you think of it, and how imaginative you are. Music can be just MP3 for me when I'm bored waiting the MRT or at the bus stop; can be my career if I get into a pro orchestra; can be an assignment in my theory class; can be my friend when I'm sad; can be money maker if I'm a businessman... ...and many things else


As a musician, I present music and the music acknowledges me to audience. As Vincent, music is something in my blood and it's something I don't have to put on my face to show it but you can feel it from me. To conclude myself, music for me is everything you can think of. I don't live for music neither music live for me, we grow together and share every moment together.


THE END  


p/s: here is an interesting article regards to the "BOOMZ"





No comments: