Friday, September 5, 2008

Pasar Pagi

Today i wake up earlier because i promised my mummy that i will follow her to the market this morning. Nowadays KL keep on raining, so there is no exception for today as well. The weather is cold and the road is wet. Daddy drive us to the market place which is very close to our house at Desa Jaya. Yes, Desa Jaya...the place that i grow up. I remember that i always follow my mummy to the market when i was a kiddo and i will ask her to buy me "Char Kue Tiao" for an uncle. Unfortunately, he passed away because of lungs cancer. sad.......

This market recall all my memories back. The way that people hawk, you can hear all kind of different dialect. Maybe some of you don't know that Chinese in Malaysia came from different province, we had Hokkien, Hakka, Canton and blah blah blah...so many!!!! And me, I'm from a Hakka family. Isaac gor gor use to told me that he love Hakka so much, the way we speak are so rough....LOL....he had a unique taste eh?? The floor in the market is always wet, and they always smells gross. YUCKS...the moment you step on the water you will faint if this is your first experience to a traditional market...THEY ARE DISGUSTING!!! hahaha...but all those aunties and uncles already have the immunity of it! hahaha...

You can get anything in the traditional market and you can negotiate the price. You can even found pirated DVDs here!! Sorry, but i don't buy!~~ Peoples here mostly from the 50's and 60's...and they had there unique way of grooming. Aunties usually love to curl their hair and color them into red or maroon. I can't say they are old-fashioned, it's just the way they love to be...You will found very interesting if you listen they conversation between those aunties. Specially if they speak in your mother-tongue. It's so into your blood. Those vintage bicycle that parked on the roadside complete the whole scenery.
On my way back home, i notice that there are so many beautiful flowers in my garden. NO, i should say it's my daddy's garden. He is a healthy old man...LOL(he is 62 this year), but he look like 50 for me. My daddy is a green finger, one of his hobby except from eat is gardening...let me show you some of his masterpiece!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't normally go to the pasar anymore because i am working now. i buy my stuff from tesco nowadays and it's much cleaner on the floor of course. and i like to shop alone.
oh, nice flowers. and i know why you said the flowers belong to ur dad. because u are SO lazy to help him, isn't it? :)