Sunday, August 3, 2008

back on track!

I going back to KLCC today to have my first rehearsal after the long break! It's a chamber rehearsal for this coming MPYO camp. We going to play 'Upon Enchanted Ground" by Alan Hovhaness (http://www.hovhaness.com/hovhaness.html), Op. 90, No.1,written for flute, cello, giant tamtam and harp. The rehearsal venue is the Soloist Room 1 in DFP, and we going to run the rehearsal for 2 hours time. As usual, we tune our instrument before the rehearsal and this is the special day for my new flute also. This is the first ensemble experience for my new flute. My flute works really well today, although some intonation problems due to i still not really use to it. It's because my previous flute had alot of intonation problems and i have to move the angel almost every notes. And now on the Powell Signature i have to move less or even not. hahahaha....so satisfied with it. And my flute sounds rich even in the very dry acoustic!


LOL...looks like a pair of gloves, actually it's harp with the cover!

The rehearsal run not pretty well today. I had a printing error right on the second bar and Bryan struggling with his awkward syncopation rhythm on his harp with weird fingerings. Sui Yen went crazy by keep counting the rest with her tamtam. And me suffering also, i have to deal with a plain and repeated melody. I think this music is kind of minimalism and it's a programme music. I took few pics when we having break in between the rehearsal!
Sui Yen intend to kill me with her tamtam's mallet!!
me with my Powell Signature
Bryan decided to spoilt the gold harp so he can get a new one!
me again!
the music on my stands.
Bryan looks exhausted after the rehearsal!

1 comment:

yyaots said...

Sound interesting!

btw, I was there this afternoon!

hahaha