Friday, August 1, 2008

an encounter with Beng Yew

I text up my friend, Beng Yew few days ago. I asked him out for a movie cause such a long time didn't see him and want to catch up some topics. So, we decided to meet up at Time Square around 1pm. Well, KTM are late as usual and I'm late again. Luckily the show haven't start yet and i manage to rush in the cinema on time or should i say slightly late. The movie we going to watch is "Sparrow", it's Hongkie movie that based on snatch thieves in HK. Hongkie used to named those thief as "Sparrow", I wonder why? Sparrow steal things in real life too? If it does, I should adopt few cause I'm broke now.

I can't say it's a big disappointment. I can just say it's not my cup of Milo. I'm not those brilliant kind of person, and the movie are too "artistic". Anyway, the music are really nice thou. The chords are so beautiful and the mixture of Chinese instrument with western are superb. I can even smells the typical Hongkie aroma from the music. I will give 3 stars out of 5, because it's really not my cup of Milo. You can read the reviews that composed by others by clicking this link: http://www.lovehkfilm.com/reviews_2/sparrow.html

Beng Yew bought me McD's Apple Pie...YUMMY...but it's cold...sigh...the movie last around 80mins and we head to a music shop called 'Bently' soon as we leave Time Square. I bought a micro fiber cloth for my instrument and Beng Yew bought a "tuner"? "roller"? for his upbright bass. Later on, we walk to Sungei Wang and have our tea break. I took out my camera and snap few pics.





potato wedges with BBQ sauce.








hot cappucino.





seafood with cheese in toasted bread.




garden salad.

Meanwhile, i captured myself and Beng Yew too while he is playing with his new toy.





ya, i almost forget that Sungei Wang is so happening that day. Sort of like there is a Percussion Festival, and i take few pics when the Japanese representative performing!

1 comment:

yyaots said...

Ha!

This blog is nice.

and btw the apple pie not cold la, still got some warm ok?

hehehehe