Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day 1 in Singapore

24th July 2008
I wake up earlier than usual this morning, maybe i m too excited for the journey? I took a shower and pack all my things, check my bus tickets and passport...here i come, Singapore!

this is the bus tickets that i bought from First Coach

Before i get into the bus, i went to the 7-eleven just next to the First Coach company to buy a chocolate milk and have my mobile talkup. Make sure you have enough credits to survive in foreign country, if not you will put yourself in troubles. The journey took about 5 hours from Bangsar to Novena, Singapore. Luckily i occupied myself with my MP3 and few manga that i borrowed from my cousin. It's a freaking cool local manga that contains story line based on our daily life, so-called "PING TON COMIC". You can pay your visit by clicking this link to the author's blog: http://www.walaua.com/ .

after 5 hours . . . . . .

Finally!!!!!!!!! I make it! I arrived Singapore safe and sounds! This is the second time that i visit Singapore, so it's not a big deal to travel alone. I arrange to meet up my friends which is now studying at NUS (National University of Singapore), but i gonna wait 2 hours more! geeee.....what to do? I still not that familiar with this country, so i decide to take a sit in the "Donut Factory" that just beside the place that the bus drop me. I bought a donut set that come with 2 donuts and 1 coffee. I pick the "Spicy Cheese" and "Rocky Road" with a cup of Cappuccino. The "Spicy Cheese' taste like pizza without the vege and meat and "Rocky Road" is just a donut with sugar and chocolate chips topping.





Sze Ting and Teng Aik meet up with me around 5.40pm and they bought me to Aljunied station to visit Sean Tan and his studio, WindWorks. I bought an EZ-Link before i jump in the MRT commuter with 25$ SD, make a switch at the City Hall station and then i arrived at Aljunied. I pass my teacher's flute to Sean Tan and have a test with my new Powell Signature Flute. At first i really exhausted, because i can't play the flute! Major problems from the swift from offset-G to inline-G and the headjoint cutting really different. I spent 2 hours there and i really appreciate that i have 2 wonderful friends that willing to spend their time with me by just waiting and listen me try out the flute.

Things turns out not that smooth today. The more i try the more i pissed. So i decided to leave the place and go catch up with my god-brother, Isaac, which give me accommodation. He bought me back to his place first to put my luggage then proceed to a place to makan. We stopped by a food court just around ah gor place, it's a typical Chinese food court just like what we had in Malaysia. I asked ah gor recommend me something nice to eat, but he said Sg's food normally are sucks....(oppsy). I ordered my Prawn Noodles and ah gor had his Fish & Chips, we chit chat awhile after that and he bought me to 'Mustafar'. Well, all i can say is, it just like Brickfields in KL lor. 'Mustafar' is actually a very big shopping mall that owned by an Indian guy, things are very cheap there but the quality is not bad at all. I bought a bottle of apple juice and a bucket of blueberry yogurt. I'm a environment friendly person, eh...so i asked the cashier i don't need the plastic bag. She was like shocked, LOL, why this fellow use bare hands to carry? Well, ah gor said i looks little stupid also, but NVM lah. save the earth!!!!!! Nothing much happen next, we walk back to his apartment at Hamilton Road. I took a shower before i get to bed. MUACKS! good night!

No comments: