Monday, July 28, 2008

THE MAGIC FLUTE



FU-YOOH!!!

Mr. Vincent get his new flute!!! Yes, indeed. I finally bought my new flute from the hand of Sean. Its a solid sliver flute made by Powell company from Boston, U.S.A. This story begun from few weeks ago. I told my mummy that i in need to upgrade to a better flute, and my previous flute are "not-pretty-well-function" already. Well, I'm so honest and i explain why i want this flute so much. Finally, mummy agree with me and let me go for it.



the beautiful G sharp key

As you can see from this poster, this flute is a semi-handmade model. Powell company is very well known with the wide, open, juicy,thick sound. The workmanship are superb and the materials are chosen carefully by the maker. Many world class artist had chosen Powell to play with and leave many wonderful comments. People praise Powell and love it.
"The refinement of sound and the overall quality in the Signature flute make this an ideal instrument for those seeking a more professional approach to their performance."

PAUL EDMUND DAVIES
PRINCIPAL FLUTE
LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA

My lovely flute is a Solid Silver Powell Flute and a Sterling Silver Signature style headjoint (.016”) with a Dyna Flute System. It's a well made flute with a sweet voice and a strong resonance. I enjoyed playing it very much and make me wanted to practice everyday.

I took some pics of my flute, the flute come with a beautiful cherry wood case:

Powell Signature, Open Hole, B foot, Solid Silver, Inline G, with G Disc insert

serial no. #SIG-1079

Made in U.S.A











1 comment:

Chicken Feet aka KaKiaYam said...

Hi, could you let me know how much it cost?

I am a middle aged man hoping to learn flute, I am wondering if you could provide me some advice on where and how to start?

Or issit too late now?

Thanks!

KaKiaYam