Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Short but Sweet!

I think you all might get bored with my post. Cause i keep uploading my instruments pics. Today i going to introduce my cute little buddy, my piccolo. This piccolo looks like a wood and sound like a wood but yet, it's made from a material called **Grenaditte. I think this name most properly came from a type of wood that people used it to built wooden instrument commonly, the *Grenadilla.
*Grenadilla (or other, similar spellings) is a name given to a number of different woods, all of them strong and dense. A famous wood so named is that of Dalbergia melanoxylon, in English African blackwood and in East Africa known as mpingo). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grenadilla

**Grenaditte is a new material which has similar characteristics of density, color and acoustic properties to Grenadilla wood. It is impervious to all temperature changes. Its outstanding characteristics include its lightness and hardness. Great for band programs that require outdoor performances in all types
of weather. http://www.flute.com.tw/en/faq/index.php
This material developed by Guo Musical Instruments Co. (G.M.I.C.) which formed by Geoffrey F. Guo. They involved themselve in flute making, their flute gets very good feedbacks from worldwide. I owned a Grenaditte Flute Headjoint too, that made by this Taiwan company.
Here is the pics from my piccolo and the headjoint:
Pearl Grenaditte Piccolo, French Pointed Keys, Silver-plated Mechanisme, High-wave Headjoint, Split E

serial no. #0153

Made in Taiwan

http://www.pearlgakki.com/flute/pro_piccolo.html (japanese)

No comments: